Re: Need California native fish (& WATER PLANTS!)

> Martin,
>
> I live in eastern Ventura county.  Los Angeles county is to the east and
> south, Santa Barbara is to the west.
>
> Being new to fish keeping and ignorant to ways of obtaing fish, I was
> wondering if the 1-4" fish I am looking for are  something that can be mailed?

OK,

Look at Bar-Bote Ranch, 29192 Bouquet Canyon Rd., Saugus, CA  91350
(805) 296-8790.  They have:  Bluegill, channel catfish, common carp,
crappie, goldfish, largemouth bass, and Tilapia.  Sorry, no
shiners or killies here!  Like I said, most of these guys raise
commercially important fish.  You could always go back to goldfish!

Prost,

Martin

Greater American Freshwater Fishes Resource Site (GAFFeRs):  http://www.localink4.com/~archimedes/

"Fie on thee, fellow!  Whence come these fishes?" - Scheherazade

"Any fish with good teeth is liable to use them." - Wm. T. Innes