Re: Need California native fish (& WATER PLANTS!)

-----Original Message-----
From: Ramseyers at aol_com <Ramseyers at aol_com>
To: nfc at actwin_com <nfc at actwin_com>
Date: Wednesday, July 29, 1998 11:39 PM
Subject: Re: Need California native fish (& WATER PLANTS!)

>Thanks Martin,
>
>I picked up the Peterson fish book today at Crown.  Many thanks to those on
>this mailing list that brought the book to my attention in the last few
days.

>I will be studying the book in the next week or so, but prior to doing so I
>believe that some of the fish I am interested in are California natives
from
>the Cyprinodontidae, Lucania, Fundulus, Heterandria, and Poecilia genera.
Do
>you know where I can obtain them?

Better look closely at your new field guide: Lucania, Heterandria, and
Poecilia are not native Californians (Californiites?).

I believe that Peter Moyle also wrote a book entitled "Inland Fishes of
California" or something to that effect. If you can locate a copy, it might
be big help (I would try Amazon.com or, if it's out of print, one of the
natural history book sellers).

Good fishing.

Ed