Re: NFC: Fish Disease Help anyone

Josh wrote:

>>  I'm having a problem in my tanks.... The fish are
>>  dying off, slowly, one by one. . . . It started about a week ago...
>>  The fish show no symptoms at all.  They appear to be a little
>>  bit sluggish a day or so before they die.  Then, I typically find
>>  them dead.

Maybe your local water service recently purchased some water that has been treated with chloramine instead of normal chlorine. If that's the case, you could be thinking you're removing chlorine from the water you're using for water changes, but not. Call your water co., to ask / see if Amquel makes a difference / hold off on water changes.

(This idea inspired by a Wright Huntley posting some time ago on Killie-talk, who as I recall also suggested that regular use of a TDS meter can sometimes alert one to an otherwise stealth change in your supplied water.)

HTH

Doug Dame
Interlachen / Gainesville FL