From: "chuckmiro" <chuckmiro at wdn_com>
To: <president at nativefish_org>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 10:18:41 -0400
Subject: Potomac Basin AAT

Hi,

I'm fairly new to the fish-keeping hobby (having started just six months
ago). I've volunteered to set up a 10 gallon tank in my daughter's
elementary school in Northern Virginia. I'm donating all the materials
and
volunteering my time for maintenance and upkeep.

I'd like the tank to be stocked with plants and fish native to the
Potomac
basin, especially the middle to upper Potomac River area.

I've done some research on the Internet and have lists of SAVs found in
the
Potomac. I'd like to grow some plants emersed as well. If you know of
anyone
familiar with the basin have some info, please let me know.

I'd also like to stock the tank with fish native to this area. Smallish
fish
that reproduce easily would be nice, from the perspective of using the
tank
as a teaching tool. It will be located in the science teacher's
classroom,
so they be learning about local water chemistry, basin ecology, and so
on.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Chuck