Re: Flourite as a substrate for Corydoras catfish?

One of my tanks is 100% flourite and the three cories that have been in
there for abut 8 months now seem to be doing fine. At first I didn't notice
any of their barbels being damaged but lately they have apparently lost a
couple of the tips (they are shorter now). I don't know if that is due to
the flourite or something else however. In another tank I used flourite and
then covered it with coated gravel. What's the rule, smaller grains end up
on the bottom over time or the other way around? I've been thinking of
placing some gravel in my main tank over the flourite but I'm scared that if
I don't like it I'll have to pick it out pebble by pebble.

Anyone tried throwing the flourite in a tumbler?  ;-)

Giancarlo Podio