re: float valves

Hi,

I have been using SpectraPure's float valves for 4 years on my RO
reservoirs and on my hard well water reservoirs with no problems.
See http://www.spectrapure.com/St_alc_p4.htm#options .  You want part
SPFK which costs $12.  They also sell adapters to go from garden hose
or pipe thread to the 1/4" plastic tubing commonly used on RO
systems, etc.  A simple twist of the float arm lets you switch the
float for use in a vertical or horizontal installation.  If you call
them, they will send you one already set up for your orientation
(vertical).  I have found this company to be extremely knowledgeable
and helpful.  I have used their 80 GPD RO system for 4 years now with
no problems.

If you still have the cap for the bung hole, you could easily install
the float valve on that.  Otherwise, drill the correct size hole
right next to the bung hole so you can slip your fingers in to hold
the nut while you spin the valve to tighten it down.

I tried agricultural float valves prior to these.  The agricultural
valves were much larger, more expensive, and tended to clog up from
my well water.

Ken