[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Roxanne's algae
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: Roxanne's algae
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 23:59:27 -0500
- In-reply-to: <200211132341.gADNfbQJ019910 at otter_actwin.com>
- User-agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
Rhizocolnium, it does not branch to the degree Cladophora does.
This is the common hairy stuff infesting Riccia, moss etc.
It does not attach to the gravel, which in most of the cases I've seen so
far is a Cladophora.
I was able to tell without looking in the scope since I've keyed it several
Any more algae out there?
Some nice brown film algae(diatoms)?
Some really gelatinous like long strands?