[APD] Going organic

I believe Raj wrote this email section below:
Eight times the price is great! For labelling the produce as organic, the
area has to be fertiliser free for some years if I remember right.

Not quite right.

It has to be free of artificial fertilisers for a minimum of 5 years.
They can still dump natural fertilisers on it. Seaweed for example IIRC.

Now we can go organic in the aquarium by avoiding PMDD !! :-)

Use organic soil.
Walstad tanks work.

One year he got
lazy and didn't bother to fertilize the trees.  He still got pecans,
but they were smaller and fewer in number.  He sold them in smaller
packages as 'organic' for eight times the price of 'regular' pecans!

Nice.

--
Stuart Halliday
http://mytriops.com/