Re: [APD] The non-aquatic plant issue (Nick Andrews)

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 7:10 AM, Stuart Halliday <stuart at mytriops_com> wrote:

> I believe B. T. Forsythe wrote this email section below:
>

>  A troubling thing about all of this is that the only organization with any
>> clout of which I'm aware that purports to defend the rights of these
>> animals, aquatic or avian, is PETA, and they are the flip side of the coin,
>> answering ignorant nonchalance with ignorant advocacy.
>>

> No, not the only one. The RSPCA, the RSPB and the SSPCA all have the power
> to prosecute people and no doubt there are a lot more organisations in the
> world.

Sorry, I was unclear. What I should have said was that the only aquarium
fish advocacy material I've seen is from PETA. Their general message boils
down it being cruel and unusual to keep them at all, since they're happier
in nature.

Does anyone know of any groups that advocate and try to make an impact on
the pet fish industry?