Re: hard headed... oops, water

Tom Barr writes:
> I have never seen a plant that has to be a soft water plant to
>  grow well.
>  If anyone "thinks" there is such plant **I dare** you to
>  respond:)

Well... I didn't really wish to engage in mortal combat with you, Tom, and I
left my sword at the dry cleaners.  But I would like to comment that I've
never had any success growing Cabomba in my rock-hard Nevada water, and
that's with as much as 25 ppm CO2.   I've also had great difficulty with
certain Echinodorus, such as E. ozelot.  I know lots of people such as
yourself who live in an exceptionally soft water area say that hard water is
no problem, even though you don't have to deal with it on a daily basis...
However, I live in a hard water area, and I can tell you that I've had
nothing but problems growing plants in it.  Those problems go away quickly if
I dilute out my water with 1/2 or 2/3 distilled water.  Now, while you have
the sword to my throat, you might please explain why my experience does not
match your theory?