Re: NFC: Shovelnose Sturgeon (fwd)

> It is too bad that the majority of pet stores don't provide "truth in
> advertising" labels that indicate the aggression level, water quality
> needs and adult size of the fish. I think it would prevent a lot of
> unnecessary stress and death of fish which people buy to
> color-coordinate with the drapes, with no thought of the needs of the
> fish.

They don't do this because the rednecks who buy them don't care!
All they care about is getting a bad-ass fish they can brag about.
Few LFS's will refuse to sell such a fish to a person who insists on
buying it even though they obviously will kill it soon enough.

Prost,

Martin

Greater American Freshwater Fishes Resource Site (GAFFeRs):  http://www.localink4.com/~archimedes/

"Fie on thee, fellow!  Whence come these fishes?" - Scheherazade

"Any fish with good teeth is liable to use them." - Wm. T. Innes

Follow-Ups: References: