Re: Intro and Advice requested

Hey Sajjad,

	I don't think your water conditions would be the problem with what you
have in mind, but the 10 gal tank might, as quite a few of the sunfish
you are likely to find in your area will outgrow the tank in a short
time.
	You might have better luck with some of the native killifish, or some
of the shiners, as these stay relatively small, on the order of 2 to 3
inches for the most part. Even then, don't crowd too many of them in a
10 gal tank, though the killies can take a lot of tight quarters, they
will be more work for you if you crowd them.
	Also I suggest you get a good identification book. I use a couple, but
the Peterson's Field Guide Series "A Field Guide to Freshwater Fishes"
by L. Page and B. Burr, most of all. This guide gives a good general
description of the fish, habitat most likely to find them in, and the
range maps for the species in question among other things.

	Also, in the event you are not able to find the sort of fish you are
looking for in your immediate area, lots of folks would be happy to help
you obtain fish, both as collecting partners where practical, or as a
source for purchase of the fish if it's not practical for you to go to
where the fish are. Sometimes a person has too many fish on hand, and
will give fish to you for the cost of shipping. I believe Luke has some
fish that might suit you in this sort of deal if you are interested.
They are red shiners, and might be just the thing. Get a book, or borrow
one from the library, and check them out if you can.

	And welcome aboard!

TTYL

Herb Harris