Re: spotted bullheads

> especially in South America. I don't want to insult your local store owner
> (who may be quite competent), but as you probably know the names they stick
> on animals are sometimes pretty funny. Among my favorites were the red
> shiners being sold as Asiatic fire barbs.

Heh, heh!  Kind of like Rasbora "tetras".  At least they got the
family right!

Prost,

Martin

Greater American Freshwater Fishes Resource Site (GAFFeRs):  http://www.localink4.com/~archimedes/

"Fie on thee, fellow!  Whence come these fishes?" - Scheherazade

"Any fish with good teeth is liable to use them." - Wm. T. Innes