Re: Now Never returned to the wild

On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, Josh Wiegert wrote:

> I have to agree with Moontainman.  Between boats, water being transported
> (in liveells, ballasts, what have you), and the myriad of other ways that
> micro and macro organisms get transported, a few fishes being returned to
> -=the body of water they came from=- with that being a very important
> emphatic point, really don't seem likley to hurt.

As Norm exactly points out many diseases are present in the aquarium hobby
that are not found in the wild in North America.  Sure, birds, boats,
fisherpeople etc etc have always potentially spread diseases around.  So, just
think, once a new one gets out there what's gunna stop it's spread?  Better to
stop it at the source.

Tootles
Peter Unmack

Follow-Ups: References: