Re: Now Never returned to the wild

I have to agree with Moontainman.  Between boats, water being transported
(in liveells, ballasts, what have you), and the myriad of other ways that
micro and macro organisms get transported, a few fishes being returned to
-=the body of water they came from=- with that being a very important
emphatic point, really don't seem likley to hurt.  I've found, quite some
distance from water, turtles with leaches.  If the turtle stops in a body
of water where there haven't been leaches, you can bet som e will hop off.
As previously mentioned, birds transport fishes readily.  With those
fishes, plenty of microorganiss will come, as well as MM's mention of
birds just transporting the organisms.
The biggest worry to me is chemicals being introduced with the fishes,
though this woul have to be at massive levels.  However, a little bit of
one chemical being dumped into a single pool may have a lot more effect
than a few orgasms.

><>
J. L. Wiegert                            NFC at actwin_com List Admin
Come Chat at SomeThing Fishy             To join: Send e-mail to
Telnet to:                               nfc-request at actwin_com with
Nexus.V-Wave.Com, port 7000              the command 'subscribe' in
                                         the body.  To leave, use
www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/2308  'unsubscribe'.
 Dubotchugh yIpummoH.                      bI'IQchugh Yivang!

On Wed, 8 Jul 1998 Moontanman at aol_com wrote:

> I think that ducks and other water birds spread more microorganisms than all
> the native fish returned to the wild to date.  Possibility?
>

> Michael

Follow-Ups: References: