Newbie Intro.

Hello - anybody out there?  We are new to this group and new to native fish
keeping.  We have been keeping tropicals for about a year now and yesterday
went out and set up a native tank.
Went to our local bait shop - LBS :>/) - and came home with a mess of
shiners, chubs, a couple of sticklebacks, even a few tadpoles.  The guy at
the shop was very helpful, sorting through and identifying fish and then
didn't even want us to pay for them.
There are 2 chubs which look like flame chubs which - according to the
Audobon guide - are not native to eastern Ontario.  The guy in the bait shop
called them red-striped darters or dace but they don't look like the
pictures in the guide at all.  I guess this is another illustration of the
problems of using common names.  Anyway, does anybody know anything about
flame chubs  (hemitremia flammea)?
Thanks,
Mike & Heather