mbinkley at earthling_net (Mark Binkley): Re: NANFA-- Sunfish Requirements

Robert Rice

" All I am saying is give Peas a Chance !"
From: mbinkley at earthling_net (Mark Binkley)
To: nanfa at aquaria_net
Subject: Re: NANFA-- Sunfish Requirements
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 13:46:10 -0600

>Mark,
>
>I have a whisper 300 power filter filled with cartridges and sponges(for
>bacteria growth) and the 300 air pump.  I will be adding a second
smaller
>power filter(200) when it is freed up from another tank.
>
>Does crowding Sunfish like Mbuna (Africans Cichlids) help disperse
>aggression?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mike
> ----------

Mike,

Sounds like the filtration will be adequate for a good number of fish.  I
think that the crowding/dither fish approach does work with sunfish.  It
is
also important to match the size of tankmates to avoid injuries.  Smaller
fish may suffer and be under fed.

Mark Binkley
Columbus, Ohio, USA
mbinkley at earthling_net

     <))><

Association
/ nanfa at aquaria_net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the
word
/ subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email
/ nanfa-request at aquaria_net.
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,
http://www.nanfa.org