Re: Rainbow Dace?

 Its a fairly common fish in pet shops and in the midwest.  It is one of
the few minnows from here that is commercially farmed.   It's scientific
name is something like Notropis lutrensis, though I have seen it
described under a different genus name before.  In color it is pretty,
so much so that I have seen it called "fire barb" in pet shops as early
as the late 60's.  Yours must have been washed out though being well
past breeding season.

It's in Petersons guide, though it may have a different genus than
Notropis, but lutrensis is accurate ...happy hunting!