Re: NFC: permission to republish NFC articles

Hi Scott,

One of the things I'm trying to accomplish through my site is a duplication
of content on the Internet.  How often have you bookmarked a really cool
site, only to go back there a year or two later and find it is no longer
there?

It is more work to do it this way, but it ensures that if the NFC should
(heaven forbid) dry up and blow away, the great contributions to our
collective knowledge are less likely to die with it.  The writings of
Konrad, Robert, and others would live on.  I think it is a worthwhile goal
to try to preserve these works.

Another part of it is consistent look and feel through a "one stop site".  I
don't intend to be keeper of all things, but I want educators,
homeschoolers, etc. to feel good knowing that if they go to my site they'll
more than likely find something useful.  Through credits given at either the
beginning or end of an article, I can point to other useful sites endorsed
by the author (in this case, to nativefish.org).

I've been running Yonderway.com for about 5 years now I think.  I used to
maintain more external links but some of the really good stuff I was finding
was disappearing.  It is harder for me to run the site this way but it
ensures that the really valuable information will always be available
through more than one outlet.

If anyone wants to put together a useful footer for me to slap on the end of
each article pointing people to the NFC site for more info, send it my way.
I'll put *something* together but sometimes can be too verbose.

In any case I think this could be a good way for the NFC to reach out to a
totally new audience... property owners with lots of acres adjacent to
water!!

Regards,
Chris