From: "Mike Miltner" <miltnem at gfc_state.fl.us>
To: <president at nativefish_org>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 10:52:12 -0800
Subject: spawning redfin pickerel (Esox americanus)

Hi Robert,

Happy new year from Richloam...land of piscatorial plentitude. Wondering if you've gotten any feedback from you're flagfish stocking. We sent a couple thousand to Pinellas Co. extension and they were impressed with the filamentous algae control in a retention pond there. They are planning to stock a second pond this year.

Have you or any of the NFC members ever tried spawning redfin pickerel...do you know if their life history or reproductive habits differ significantly from chain pickerel? Let me know if you have anything on this, or if you know anyone whose tried to spawn these guys.

Hope everything is well with you.

Regards,

Mike Miltner