Re: Dead SAEs

A counter example may be appropriate here.

Some time ago we had a "CO2 disastor" when a pH electrode went belly-up
overnight causing the CO2 controller to think the pH was too high, causing the
CO2 to be on all night, causing a CO2 level that was close to 140 ppm in the
morning.

All the fish in the 120 gallon tank were in serious shape when we found them in
the morning. We changed half the water (and the electrode) and hoped for the
best. We lost 8 adult Rainbowfish out of 12 (Glossolepsis seemed less affected)
but the adult SAEs, Farlowellas, Corys and Plecos all recovered with no obvious
ill affects.

George Booth in Ft. Collins, Colorado
 Do you want to know how I did it?
  http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~aquaria/AquaticConcepts