Re: "Crystal Val" four feet long

JOlson8590 at aol_com wrote...

>Sounds like either:
>(a) You are a genuine WHIZ at raising aquatic plants! or
>
>(b) The "Crystal Val" was mis-labelled.  The plant I know as "Crystal Val" is
>a spiral-leaved val variety that grows only a foot to 18 inches tall.
>
>If the plant you got is NOT spiral-leaved, it is probably NOT Crystal Val,
>but probably "Italian Val," which is not Italian.  (Well, at least, it does
>not respond when spoken to in Italian. 8^D ) Or, my first idea was correct -
>you are a whiz at raising aquatic plants.

Not likely.

>This probably illustrates the problem we so frequently have in identifying
>species, let alone cultivars. I wish I could be helpful instead of annoying.
>:-(

Thanks for refreshing my memory. You're annoyingly correct and right
on the money.

I bought some "Italian Val" and some "Crystal Val" at the same time.
The twisted variety died off. So what language does this "Italian Val"
speak -Pidgin English? Tagalog?

--
Dave Whittaker
ac554 at FreeNet_Carleton.ca