What exactly are SAE's? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 97 14:00:00 PDT
From: Jaemon D Franko <Jaemon_D_Franko at ccm_dp.intel.com>
To: owner-aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Subject: What exactly are SAE's?

I've been reading this list for about a month now and have seen numerous
references to SAE's (Siamese Algae Eaters). Naturally there doesn't seem to be
any pet stores local to me that have the foggiest idea of what one is, or worse
yet they walk me over to the chinese algae eaters.

I guess my question is this -- are SAE's (crosscheilis siamensis) the same as
flying fox (epalzeorinchus siamensis)? Takashi Amano states in his first book
that the "siamese flying fox" is crosscheilis siamensis.