What is the meaning of bubbling?

I have noticed that when I add more CO2 there are more bubbles given off by
the plants.  A lot of the plants seem to bleed oxygen through injured parts
of leaves or stems. So are plants supposed to bubble or is it a sign that
the air carrying columns in the plant have been broken.   Does the amount
of bubbling indicate other things, such as nutrients in the water.  One
poster a while ago mentioned that the amount of air bubbles collecting at
the surface may even have been a problem for them.  So, how much should my
plants bubble?  Do people with high tech CO2 injection systems find that
their plants bubble more than with DIY CO2?.