[APD] Re: Temperature, Thermometers & Mercury

Oh, so that time I dropped the mercury thremometer in the kitchen and picked up the mercury with my fingers and put it in an open cup on the shelf for 3 or 4 years probably lead to all my brain misfires today.... remeind me to look into chelation therapy again.

Ann V

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 08:48:59 +0530
From: Raj <ggrk at blr_vsnl.net.in>
Subject: [APD] Temperature, Thermometers & Mercury
To: Aquatic Plants Digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>

Reading the thread "De-chloramination" which was moving into methods of temperature measurement prompted me to ask you all to read this article in Discover.com. Its a frightening reality..

http://www.discover.com/issues/mar-05/features/our-preferred-poison/

While developing my own slide films in the old days I could quite
accurately tell temperature by dipping a finger in the water bath. Even now
I compare my various tanks with touch and feel temperature assessment.

Regards

--
Raj, vu2zap
Bangalore, South India.