[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [APD] Re: Temperature, Thermometers & Mercury

Liquid mercury is not the major hazard, so I doubt that your brain misfires would be caused by the little thermometer caper. My experiences with mercury include having a mercury filled, high pressure manometer explode from over pressure and spray me in the face with mercury (it felt like water). I just went home, took a shower and washed my clothes. My brain still works fine - ok, how about as fine as it ever did - or as fine as I would expect it to work at my age, or something. Mercury that has combined formed an organic compound is another matter, and that, I understand, is the really poisonous stuff.

Vaughn H.

On Saturday, July 2, 2005, at 11:57 AM, Ann Viverette wrote:

Oh, so that time I dropped the mercury thremometer in the kitchen and picked up the mercury with my fingers and put it in an open cup on the shelf for 3 or 4 years probably lead to all my brain misfires today.... remeind me to look into chelation therapy again.

Ann V

_______________________________________________ Aquatic-Plants mailing list Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com http://www.actwin.com/mailman/listinfo/aquatic-plants