Re: [APD] substrate and substrate heating

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 07:46:21 -0800 (PST), Darrell Fennell
<dkfennell at yahoo_com> wrote:

> My second question is:  Am I off-base in thinking of a
> layer of vermiculite under a layer of flourite?
> Should I put something between (like dirt)?  Or should
> I just suck it up and use only Flourite?

I've got an Eco-Complete substrate in my primary tank, dirt covered
with gravel in a small tank, plain gravel in a 3rd tank. If I had it
all to do over again I'd use plain gravel -- cheaper, easier to plant
in.
--
Liz

"This employee is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot."