Re: [APD] RE: Lighting Question

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:37:00 -0500, drockel <drockel at rogers_com> wrote:
> Hi Liz,
>
> I have a 29 and 36 gal tank. One has three 24" bulbs and one has three 36"
> bulbs. I generally use Coralife bulbs and they are T8.

You can use cheaper bulbs.  Plants will grow.  You might not like the
way the fish look -- cheaper lights usually have a lower CRI.  I pay
for bulbs that tend towards the white side because I have a number of
fish with blue and green coloration and I don't like the way they look
with yellower light.

--
Liz

"This employee is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot."