[APD] Amquel Plus

A new version of Amquel, called "Amquel Plus" claims to sequester nitrites and nitrates in addition to the standard chlorine/chloramine/ammonia group.

I doubt is is removing them from the tank (e.g. converting to Nitrogen gas) but is rather involving them in a less toxic (to fish) compound.

Does anyone know what is actually happening, and whether the nitrates are still available to plants... seems silly to dose KNO3 only to have the Amquel bind it up so that my plants can't get it.

Most of my local fish stores seem to be only stocking the "Plus" version.

Maggie