[APD] Re: Water mantis/shrimp

That's what I thought. I knew what the mantis shrimp were; a reef shop owner friend of mine recently received a shipment of live rock that had a few mantis shrimp "freebies" enclosed. Needless to say, he was somewhat less than pleased. His least favorite shop staff were given the privilege of removing the shrimp from the 180 the rock was in. Sucked for them.

Laura

Mantis shrimp and water mantis are two very different creatures.
Water mantis are a true bug (Homoptera, classified by their sucking
mouthparts).
Mantis shrimp are a terrible creation from a hell dimension, but nonetheless
very cool. Especially the punching through saftey glass part. :)

Regards,
James
Aquarium Club of Thunder Bay meets on the first Wednesday of every month.
8:00 pm Confederation College room C216