Re: fish-o-rama

Sorry to drag this on, and I know it's not relevant to planted tanks, but
I've really been annoyed with this thing.

I can understand their ploy. They are trying to lure the average fishkeeper
(who keeps 1 freshwater tank with a fish population that they perpetually
renew due to poor practices) into keeping their very attractive, but more
expensive, saltwater fish. On the first page, they tell you it's a patented
process. They've lured you in. Now you go in and read about how it's really
done--a brackish setup. The average guy forgets about their *lie* and looks
at how attractive these fish are, and clicks on *order*.

Now we know that neither will thrive. Freshwater fish will not be more
brilliant and healthy in this environment. And the saltwater fish are really
not, through a patented process, genetically engineered to withstand it
either. But they're guaranteed business for a long time. And at least a
1-time sale to MANY people.

In the first case, it is false advertising. And then they go on to give
mis-information (something the Humane Society? should be interested in) to
keep you going with the idea.

Isn't there any policing of internet advertising? I think this is misleading
& fictitious advertising? Like the bait-and-switch tactic. Am I wrong? They
should be forced to change their wording, at least.

Sylvia