Re: Oceanic Vs Perfecto

Scott writes:

> Hello all,
>  I am planning to set up a planted paludarium.I think it will be a 90 gallon
>  cause I am sick of buying 36 inch lights for my 50.  I have all my
substrate
>  questions answered from lurking on the list thanks to more people than I
can
>  remember. I plan to build my stand from info off the Krib, Thanks Eric. One
>  thing that I have noticed when shopping around for tanks is that the
Oceanic
>  tanks are the most expensive, but they are the brand carried by the higher
>  quality shop here in Columbus. Do you think the extra expense $60 or $70 is
>  warranted? I hope this is not to far off topic.
>
>  Thanks Scott

Well, FWIW, I got tired of the less than perfect workmanship of Perfecto
products long ago.  Oceanic's tanks are made with more care, using slightly
heavier glass.  Take a close look at the way the silicone is smppthed out in
the corners.  Look at the edges of the glass to see the thicknesses.  The
high-end shops carry Oceanic because they are trying to maintain a reputation
for quality products.

Bob Dixon
Cichlid Trader List Administrator
http://cichlidtrader.listbot.com