Clam larvae in the skin of fish

A few weeks ago there were some postings regarding clams in the aquarium.
At that time, there was a very interesting posting from a student about
Zebra mussels etc.  I don't remember his name, but if he reads this could he
contact me.  I inquired as to whether some wild-caught fish may also have
little black dots that indicate the presence of  clam larvae.  He wrote to
me that he would inquire about this from his professor/supervisor.  The
subject has come up elsewhere and I would really appreciate any follow-up
information that he could provide.  I would also like to know how long the
larvae live in the skin of the fish before they pop out.  Thank you in
advance.

G. Kadar