[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Loaches
- From: "Louis Lin" <lhclin at aw_sgi.com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 17:46:05 -0500
- In-Reply-To: Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com (Aquatic Plants Digest) "Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #604" (Oct 26, 3:48pm)
- References: <199810262048.PAA12325 at acme_actwin.com>
On Oct 26, 3:48pm, Jeff Bodin wrote:
> Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 07:58:15 -0800
> From: Jeff Bodin <bodin1 at gte_net>
> Subject: RE: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #603
> I think that the holes in my leaves are caused by snails (amazon swords and
> telenthera), so I went out looking for some skunk loaches. No luck. But I
> did find one (all the had) small clown loach and something the called a
> "red-tail botia" (red tail, blue-gray body). Anyone familiar with the red
> tail botia and will it eat my snails?
For clown loach, I and some other have the experience that they
eat sword plants. So it may not be a good idea to use it to control
snail in your case.
For the red-tail botia, I don't know what it is so can't comment on it.