Re: Indian Algae Eaters

>Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 09:40:18 +1000
>From: Cameron Hayes <chayes at microhelp_com.au>
>Subject: Re: Indian Algae Eaters

>My LFS has IAE, are these real algae eater and are they effective?

Baensch Atlas Vol. 1 lists "Indian Algae Eater" on p. 448.  The scientific
name is Gyrinocheilus aymonieri, also known as Sucking Loach. "Prefers an
algae diet but will eat flake and live foods occasionally. A territorial
fish, it defends its space.  The young can be kept with other species, but
adults will harass their tankmates and should be kept alone."

Hoa
Aquarium: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/2637/