Re: Next project

[ Kelly Beard asks about light a 75 gallon tank. ]

I recently set up a 75 gallon tank in my workplace. The tank came with
a home-made hood with essentially no lighting. The hood is the classic
DIY box design with four immovable sides and a top piece that is
hinged in the center. I put six 4' T8 bulbs in the hood. Three on the
back half and three on the front half of the hood. I have the front
and back bulbs switched separately so I can switch off the front
lights and open the top without being blinded, but still see in the
tank.

I used two 3-bulb electronic T8 ballasts (Motorola, I think) that were
$32/ea at a local electrical supply. I have generic bulbs that I got
from the same supply company, four are 5000 K and two are 6500
K. These bulbs were $5-6 each.

This tank has CO2 fertilization and Steve Pushak's HTBASS
substrate. The plants are growing _very_ well.

Hope you have a very nice day, :-)
Tim Ayers                                        tayers at bridge_com
St. Paul, Minnesota
Bridge, Inc.                                        www.bridge.com