Lighting questions

I have set up a 29 gal tank and would like to put 4 bulbs on it in a DIY
hood.

Problem is at the store the 2 foot fixtures are $20 for a 2 bulb fixture
while the 4 foot is only $10.  The question is can I use the 4 foot
fixture in the hood to save money?  Letting it hang over the edge is not
an option and the rewiring will be done anyway even with 2 footers to
avoid heat problems etc.

Will using the 4 footers cause problems with the smaller tubes?

o    Mike Nielsen                                                        u
m    Department of Geography         THE OPTIMIST BELIEVES WE LIVE IN    ?
a    Harvill Bldg Box #2             THE BEST OF ALL POSSIBLE WORLDS;    w
r    Tucson, AZ 85721                THE PESSIMIST FEARS THIS IS SO      h
e    mnielsen at u_arizona.edu                                              o