Re: [APD] Co2 poisoning? chlorine maybe? help!

On 2/24/06, Joel Fizette <sentientpuppet at gmail_com> wrote:

> One problem though, I just tested my tap water for ammonia (I read that
> you
> can test for chloromine with a regular ammonia test kit) and it turned up
> negitive...

My water company lied to me.

If you want to run a meaningful test add the Wardley to the tap water *then*
test.  If there are chloramines in the water and the Wardley product doesn't
bind (neutralize) ammonia then you will find ammonia in the water.

Did you examine your dead fish? IIRC, and I may not, fish that die of
ammonia poisoning have brownish looking gills.

Liz