Re: Pipe Threads / CO2

Anyway I will be putting my pressurized system together this week and I'm
not sure if I should use compound, teflon tape, yellow teflon tape or whatever.
Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

You should NOT use the usual WHITE teflon tape! The little bits of it that can come off can cause a lot of problems for gas valves and regulators. The yellow tape is OK, as are most pipe compounds. Most all of the gas installations I've seen have used the compound though rather than the yellow teflon tape.

BTW, not all gas fittings need a sealant. Many are OK after being properly tightened. Check with your tank and regulator supplier to be sure if you need to use a sealant or not.

-Bill

***************************** Waveform Technology UNIX Systems Administrator