[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Emersion, Submersion, and Stiffstalks

Rachel Sandage asked:

> I know that plants grow "emersed" when
> they are out of 
> the water; "submersed" when they are underwater. But what
> about when they 
> grow out the top of the water?

Answer:  Emersed or emergent.

When they are *completely* out of the water they are called
landlubbers, and you roll the last rrrrrrrr.  Or you can
call them anaquatic, but everyone will make screwed up
faces at you if you do.

Scott H.

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - forms, calculators, tips, more