[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: How much light is reflected by a glass -- or - Through the glass darkly
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: How much light is reflected by a glass -- or - Through the glass darkly
- From: "S. Hieber" <shieber at yahoo_com>
- Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 08:58:07 -0800 (PST)
- In-reply-to: <200302251043.h1PAh0XM009919 at otter_actwin.com>
Wright Huntley pointed out regarding glass tops on tanks:
> All told, I expect a clean cover glass to waste maybe 25%
> of the useful
> energy, so it is pretty significant.
One of the many factors affecting how much light falls on a
any particular leaf.
Which raises several not so important questions ;-)
So that's 4 what's per gallon with a glass cover and 3 wpg
for an open tank?
If I leave off the glass top, does the extra heat loss (and
electricity to replace it) in winter offset the savings in
What's the light loss if I use a net to keep in fish
instead of a glass top?
Can I save even more light if I leave the water out of the
tank? What about large shade-making plants?
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - forms, calculators, tips, more