re: CO2 & denitrators

Kevin Buckley wrote:

> I guess pumping CO2 gas in there directly &
> combining the functions of dinitrator, CO2
> reactor & "feeding" Carbon (in the form of
> dissolved CO2/Carbonic Acid) to the denitrifying
> bacteria isn't a possibility?

First, as Jerry Baker pointed out, denitrators are generally unnecessary for a planted tank.  In fact, they could be detrimental because they would remove the nitrogen that our plants need.

Second, denitrators need organic carbon to do their work.  CO2 or carbonates won't help at all.  You can feed the denitrifiers all the CO2 you want, but it won't help.

Roger Miller