Re: DE filters

I have a Vortex D1 filter (the small one) that I bought about 2 years
ago.  I've used it about a dozen times to clear "green water" or
sometimes just to polish the water.  It worked great when I first bought
it, but now it hardly works at all.  I have replaced the filter bag, but
that was just a waste of money.  It acts like the pump is worn out and
doesn't have enough pressure to force the water through the DE filter
bed once it even starts to collect any debris.  I haven't taken the pump
apart yet.

Best regards,
Bob