Re: CO2 System

Catalin Dobrescu wrote:

> I am also looking for a CO2 system.  Do you know
> of anyone selling on second-hand?
> Or do you have any suggestions regarding
> a cheaper way to acquire one?

I don't think there are many second hand ones available but you might
find one by asking on the APD. You can find a wealth of information in
the Krib archives about locating the parts for CO2 systems. There is
more information in the APD archives but its tough to sort through it
all. I've CC'd Erik Olson so he can check if all of these postings below
made it into the Krib. I'd expect to see most of it there except for the
Vancouver specific stuff.

I have some information about distributors for the needle valves here in
Vancouver. Its possible and probable that you can find a cheaper type of
needle valve that has better control if you are willing to spend several
hours tracking down the information and making phone calls. You need to
understand about valve flow coefficients. If you value your own time and
are only buying one or two valves, it may not be worth the hassle since
the ARO valve works well enough for most of us. A finer control valve is
always desirable. Here is some information that I've collected:

The distributor for ARO in Vancouver is Acklands.