Re: Hot Lights

I recently built a hood that holds 3 - 96W CF lamps from AH Supply. At first
I placed the ballasts inside the hood, per the instructions. Way too hot.
The 1/8" PVC lens almost melted. Now it has a nice convex shape. I moved the
ballasts out of the hood. (In all fairness, I don't think these kits are
intended to be as enclosed as my application, so that was my fault, not the
kit.) I ended up using a 3" AC fan from Radio Shack. It is rated at 38
decibels and is acceptable in terms of noise. I also contacted
http://members.core.com/~jcorwith/ultimate/index.html .

Tom
Austin, Texas