Lights and Ballast

Hi list,

This is my first post.  This is probably very basic to some but new to me.

I'm looking at the possibility of buying a ballast, lights etc. and hooking
these up myself.  How much Do it yourself work is involved?  Some basic
questions I have:  When you buy a ballast do you always get endcaps?  How
about if you buy a ballast at a commercial lighting center, do they give you
endcaps?  How do you know what endcaps go with what bulbs?  How much wiring
is needed?

Is there an explanation on how to do this on some website that explains
everything.  Writing this I'm thinking I may be in over my head but I want
to learn and know how to do this for future tanks.

This is going on a 75 gallon tank.  I'm not sure of much else yet I'm just
planning what it would take to do my own lighting.  It will be medium to
high light though. Probably 4 flourescent lights.

Thanks,

Shane
Boone, IA

Say Bye to Slow Internet!