Re: live food

Michael: It is my understanding that seed shrimp can be cultured using
the same methods as Daphnia, i.e., green water for food.  Gammarus are a
bit more difficult as they seem to need smaller organisms for food.  I
had some in a daphnia culture and found they were eating small daphnia.
I do know it is possible to culture larger shrimp-like creatures, such
as the nearshore mysis shrimp, by setting up a large aquarium and having
a mini-ecosystem with the shrimp as the top predator.