Re: Changes to tank

If you put 1/2 light gravel in a tank, and 1/2 dark, the fish will
prefer to suspend over the dark gravel.  Just an observation.

> I have had a 20 long in my office for a while now. I had it set up as
> a planted tank but for several reasons it has never done well. Today I
> collected some local gravel and redid the tank. I replaced the light
> sand substrate with a very nice gravel from the river.
>
> The gravel is shades of brown to almost black. This of course darkened
> the tank a good bit. What has surpassed me is how the fish are much
> more active. Granted I don't have nearly as many plants now and there
> is more open area but they seem to like it better. I am wondering if
> it was to bright? Anyway for what its worth they act like different
> fish now.
>
> OH, I have small Longears and a couple of adult Spotfin Shiners and
> several young shiners I assume are Spotfins in the tank.
>
> Jeff <*\\><
> "Consider carefully what you hear", he continued "With the measure you
> use it, it will be measured to you -- and even more.  Whoever has will
> be given more; whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken
> from him." Mark 4:24,25
> www.airnet.net/kudzu/ "Kudzu's Christian Clipart Collection"

Prost,

Martin

Greater American Freshwater Fishes Resource Site (GAFFeRs):  http://www.localink4.com/~archimedes/

"Fie on thee, fellow!  Whence come these fishes?" - Scheherazade

"Any fish with good teeth is liable to use them." - Wm. T. Innes