Re: Changes to tank

>>If you put 1/2 light gravel in a tank, and 1/2 dark, the fish will
prefer to suspend over the dark gravel.  Just an observation. <<

Now you have me curious and I want to try that!! <g>

Someone else pointed out that they loose their color over light colors
and now that I think about it my Sunnies were very pale. Will be
interesting to see if they color up now.

The ones in my 30G have had this same gravel since it was set up and
they have great color.  I just never thought about it before.

Jeff <*\\><
"Consider carefully what you hear", he continued "With the measure you
use it, it will be measured to you -- and even more.  Whoever has will
be given more; whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken
from him." Mark 4:24,25
www.airnet.net/kudzu/ "Kudzu's Christian Clipart Collection"

> I have had a 20 long in my office for a while now. I had it set up
as
> a planted tank but for several reasons it has never done well. Today
> collected some local gravel and redid the tank. I replaced the light
> sand substrate with a very nice gravel from the river.
>
> The gravel is shades of brown to almost black. This of course
darkened
> the tank a good bit. What has surpassed me is how the fish are much
> more active. Granted I don't have nearly as many plants now and
there
> is more open area but they seem to like it better. I am wondering if
> it was to bright? Anyway for what its worth they act like different
> fish now.
>
> OH, I have small Longears and a couple of adult Spotfin Shiners and
> several young shiners I assume are Spotfins in the tank.
>
> Jeff <*\\><
> "Consider carefully what you hear", he continued "With the measure
you
> use it, it will be measured to you -- and even more.  Whoever has
will
> be given more; whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken
> from him." Mark 4:24,25
> www.airnet.net/kudzu/ "Kudzu's Christian Clipart Collection"

Prost,

Martin

Greater American Freshwater Fishes Resource Site (GAFFeRs):
http://www.localink4.com/~archimedes/

"Fie on thee, fellow!  Whence come these fishes?" - Scheherazade

"Any fish with good teeth is liable to use them." - Wm. T. Innes