Changes to tank

I have had a 20 long in my office for a while now. I had it set up as
a planted tank but for several reasons it has never done well. Today I
collected some local gravel and redid the tank. I replaced the light
sand substrate with a very nice gravel from the river.

The gravel is shades of brown to almost black. This of course darkened
the tank a good bit. What has surpassed me is how the fish are much
more active. Granted I don't have nearly as many plants now and there
is more open area but they seem to like it better. I am wondering if
it was to bright? Anyway for what its worth they act like different
fish now.

OH, I have small Longears and a couple of adult Spotfin Shiners and
several young shiners I assume are Spotfins in the tank.

Jeff <*\\><
"Consider carefully what you hear", he continued "With the measure you
use it, it will be measured to you -- and even more.  Whoever has will
be given more; whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken
from him." Mark 4:24,25
www.airnet.net/kudzu/ "Kudzu's Christian Clipart Collection"